Well Good day to all,
This time listening to the meeting Aesclepius mp3, was easier to work with. Having learned from all these practices to train the mind for thought and control. I was able to focus more on the object of my meditation.
It actually took me to a more delightful fram of mind, and when I started I had a very rough headache, by the end the headache had lapsed and was not too bad. I have found that these practices are helping me out more in the fact that I am always re-evaluating myself and where I stand. I now look back at my interaction with others and question myself if I treated others as I want to be treated.
Which takes me to the saying " one cannot lead another where one has not gone himself". This I believe to apply to the health and wellness professional in the fact that if you have not practiced something and felt the benefit yourself, then how can you explain the experience or benefit in real terms. If you are not of sound mind and body, then how can you expect to pass this on to others in a positive form. Working with clients we have to know ourselves and be in a good mindset, if you try to work with someone and you are not feeling well yourself, then the outcome will not be a positive progress. I try to evaluate myself throughout the day, and note if I am doing things that are good for me and how I treat others. This I think is what is giving me my positive attitude towards helping others with their wellness and thier health. As the saying goes' Do onto others as you would have them do unto you", and I believe how we treat others is how they relate back to you.
Have another great day :)
Denise
I also believe that you should practice what you preach because you can't help others understand what to do if you don't know. It's a good idea to treat others how you would like to be treated and it goes well for health care professionals because if you know that a practice works then you are more apt prescribe it with good conscience.
ReplyDelete