Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Unit 6 Exercises for Mind-Body experiences

Hey all,
Well once again I was at ease with this practice foruniversal loving kindness exercise. It did however seem a bit long for me, so I did it for 8 minutes, then the dog came and the kid. However as I was repeating the phrases my mind drifted in and out of how I help others and to what extent. As a reflection I am quite a giver to others. I am always available to help and very rarely do I say I can't help. I just learned to restructer what ever I have going on so that I can get their work done and mine. 
  1. Describe the exercise and assessment process. What did you discover about yourself? What area have you chosen to be a focus of growth and development? Why? What are some specific exercises or activities that you can implement to foster greater wellness in this area?
I also discovered that I have really learned to tone down my own thoughts of what happens with others, and learned to mind my own business. We are not able to control what others do, so we just need to keep track of ourselves and how we treat others.

For growth and developlment I have chosen to focus on my psychological energy. I really need to reset my focus towards school work and quit procrastinating and get it done on time. This weighs alot on my mind trying to please everyone else and take part in family evenings when I realistically do not have the time. I am going to rethink my schedule and get back into my routine of studying at my set times and do my reading in the evening when my son goes to sleep and I have quietness around me.

1 comment:

  1. Denise,
    Sounds like you've been able to really get into these practices. I know that I also do a lot of helping others and put off my own work until the last minute and then I end up scrambling around trying to finish before the end of the week. I too need to get my schedule restructured in order to accomodate helping others so I can also help myself.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete